Messaging doesn’t work any more in sales situations (read the earlier blog post here.) The Convincing Advantages approach works much better.
With tens of thousands of competing messages hitting your prospects on a daily basis, it’s important that your communication is clear, convincing and focused solely on how you solve your prospect’s pain. (Because that’s ALL they’re interested in.) You’re not just trying to “out-message” your direct competitors, you’re also wanting to drive your prospects’ prioritization of you up – by shutting down the distracting noise from other, unrelated solutions.
When does your messaging need an overhaul?
- If you’re finding your prospects are too often choosing not to make any buying decision – aka “no decision”.
- If you’ve recently lost business you should have won.
- If you can’t get in front of the right people in your prospect organizations.
Next, ask yourself these questions:
- Can each salesperson quickly identify the three true convincing advantages offered by your organization?
- Do you get the same three reasons consistently across the board?
- Better yet, can your prospects and customers restate these same three advantages?
If you answer “no” to any of these questions, then it’s time to get to work. Now.